FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Is there a fee for a visit?
A: Yes. A diagnostic fee covers the cost of the technician's visit to diagnose your problem and receive a quote for the repair options. You will be advised of the issue along with recommended options to correct it.
Q: How can I reduce my energy costs?
A: Here are some suggestions that can help you reduce your energy costs:
• Upgrade to a high-efficiency system – Depending on the age and condition of your current system upgrading can save you up tp a third on your heating and cooling utility cost.
• Adjust the temperature - Typically, adjusting temperatures 3 to 5 degrees (down in winter, up in summer) can help save energy.
• Have annual maintenance performed – Tuning up your cooling system and your heating system will help ensure each operates at peak efficiency and can help you identify and resolve any potential issues before a breakdown occurs
• Don't block vents in well-used rooms – Keep your supply and return air vents free of objects like blinds, carpets or furniture so your system can operate efficiently and there is even air distribution.
• Install a programmable thermostat – A programmable thermostat enables you to control your home's temperature when you're away or asleep. For every 1° you lower your thermostat for seven hours per day, you can save approximately one percent on your heating bill. For heat pump and 2 stage systems a special thermostat must be used.